Saturday, May 5, 2007

First loan fully repaid

Yesterday, I received the following message from Kiva:

From: Kiva
Date: 3 May 2007 21:43:26 -0700
Subject: Loan Redemption
To: ramon

Dear Ramon,

This email confirms that $25.00 of your loan to Venta de Mercancia por Temporada is now redeemable.

This amount can now be re-loaned to another business, donated to Kiva or withdrawn.

Kiva

To view your Kiva loan portfolio go to:
http://www.kiva.org/app.php?page=account
______________________________
Loans that change lives
http://www.kiva.org/
A big hurray for Antonio Luna. He paid back his loan. We'll reloan the money to someone else now. I'm hoping for Guatemala to come online soon...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I just made my first loan on Saturday.

Ramon said...

Hi Andrew,

welcome to Kiva. We've been investing on a regular basis (twice a month) since late last year. It's very exciting to see the impact that these loans have on some of the "loanees" (borrowers / entrepreneurs).

I am probably different from some of the other lenders that are discussing a lot at KivaFriends in that I like to think and ponder on the "how" and "why" I loan. Like many Kiva lenders, I try to figure out what the impact is, and how to maximize its effect. I think that answer is different for all of us.

Anyways, welcome to the "club".

Ramon